1. Oatmeal – is a perfect way to start up one’s day. Your body normally takes longer to process oatmeal because it is high in carbohydrates and fiber. In-fact any foods that are high in fiber or carbohydrates will give your metabolism that extra kick. Try to eat the oats with the larger flakes because they will benefit you more.
2. Fruit – Try eating fruit that has high liquid content such as oranges, watermelon, or even mangoes. Besides the benefits of vitamins and minerals you get from fruit, snacking on fruit between meals can also help with cravings we sometimes get.
3. Water – Out of all the foods that increase metabolism, water is probably the most important. Your body doesn’t only need water to survive it also needs water to process your food into energy (metabolize). Always drink more water when exercising because it is at this time when your body’s metabolism increases the most.
4. Dairy products – Low fat yoghurt is one in particular that you should focus on. Besides being very delicious dairy products contain calcium, proteins, and lots of nutrients.
5. Spicy Foods – It has been proven that spicy foods do increase metabolism but only for short periods. Another good thing about spicy food is that does suppress your appetite for a while so that could be a bonus when trying to lose weight.
6. Vegetables – Try eating the vegetable that is high in fiber because they take longer to process. Here are a list of veggies that could help; broccoli, cabbage, peppers, most leafy greens, potatoes, tomatoes, reddish, celery, cress, and cucumbers.
7. Nuts – are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids and nutrients. They are important for your cardiovascular function. Try not to eat too much. A great snack, probably the best type of nut would be walnuts.
8. Beans – Last but not least Beans are a great source of iron, proteins, and vitamin B. They are also a very low glycemic food. Try not to buy canned beans, it is better if you buy your beans dry and soak them in water for a few hours before you cook them.
Another great tip to increase your metabolism would be to try and break down your meals in six small meals a day instead of 3 big meals. Hope you enjoyed.